Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Few Before and After Photos

Even though I've been working on chairs for over 2o years, it's only been a year or so since I took over my Mom's business and people aren't really aware of the quality of work I'm putting out there, so I figured I'd post a few before and after photos to let you see a sampling of the projects I worked on in 2012.
This was a fun club chair that I did to match a really nice Arts and Crafts Morris chair that I had done previously in the same fabric


another happy customer!!!

This is a REALLY cool custom sofa designed in NYC in the late 50's.  The father of the customer was a designer and had this built for the family home. 

The curved front, oversized square arms and low back really give this couch a cool style

Sometimes it's hard to imagine what things will look like...

A really fun paisley gave this little parlor chair a playful feel, finished with natural nail heads

The best part about upholstery is preserving the life and stories that are attached to furniture

This split sofa set was where my customers courted as teens 50 years ago, and now with some TLC, they can spend their golden years lounging in luxury!!!

A really cool piece


3 comments:

  1. It is really neat to see what a little imagination and innovation can do for old furniture. This really is some custom seating right here. I would love to have a chair for reading in like this. It is encouraging to know that there are people who do this for a living.

    http://www.argylefurniture.com.au/commercial-seating/

    ReplyDelete


  2. Thanks for sharing this information via blog.We are globally furniture supplier.We are office

    furniture suppliers USA
    .We are also Office,Home, Restaurant and Canteen furniture suppliers in Austin USA.We are online furniture

    stores USA.

    ReplyDelete